- This event has passed.
Hollow Creek in Bloom – Hayrides, U-Pick Flowers, & More
July 23 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm$25
Whether you’re looking for a fun outdoor family activity or your next creative date idea, Hollow Creek in Bloom in Lexington county is a MUST DO on your adventure list. On the docket is a scenic hayride tour through the Christmas trees and flowers and a leisurely hike through the 30 acre Gilbert, SC farm. Take advantage of all the photo ops throughout the colorful flower farm, and strike a pose with Frosty, our vintage blue 1954 Chevy truck. The tree farm is the perfect backdrop for taking that family Christmas card photo ahead of time. Don’t forget your clippers–each event ticket includes a plastic vase for collecting your own u-pick flowers. Kids 4 and under who can sit on an adult’s lap for the hayride come for free.
Check out the Hollow Creek Tree Farm Facebook page for updates on future flower picking events and photos of past events.
Where can I purchase tickets?
Visit our Wildflower Events page to book your ticket to Hollow Creek in Bloom and check out our other flower farm events. You can also pay at the gate, cash only. NOTE: Hayrides aren’t always guaranteed unless you book your hayride time in advance.
What does my ticket include?
- A 10 minute hayride to the Wildflower Oasis above the pond
- Enough cut-your-own flowers (10-20 stems) to fill the plastic vase provided
- Tons of photo ops in the flowers
- Quick photo op* with Frosty the blue 1954 truck
- Walk around the farm at your leisure
What should I bring?
- Clippers for cutting flowers
- Your camera or phone for taking photos
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Bottled water
- Your QR ticket emailed to you upon purchase
What do I need to know?
- NO PETS please
- Please stick to paths and try not to trample flowers.
- “BEE” ADVISED! This is a natural farm with natural risks.
- Event parking is in front of the old red barn. Scan your ticket inside the shop.
- The hayride takes you TO the main wildflower field but does not bring you back unless you request it. (Most people prefer to stroll back through the flowers!)
Where is Hollow Creek Tree Farm?
Our farm is located at 228 Windmill Rd, Gilbert, SC. It’s in Lexington country, close to Batesburg, Columbia, Irmo, and Lake Murray.
Check us out on Google Maps.
What types of flowers do you grow at the flower farm?
Some of the species we grow are cosmos, black-eyed Susans, and many different brightly-colored zinnias.